Grow with us
We build technology that makes the world a safer place. Want to help?
Technical Support Engineer
About The Position
WHO ARE WE?
Voyager Labs, based in the U.S. with offices worldwide, is an award-winning, global leader in developing advanced digital investigation solutions which help public safety organizations to identify threats, mitigate risk, and fight crime.
Our proprietary technology acts as a force multiplier for investigative teams, enabling investigators to quickly analyze massive amounts of complex, unstructured data to find the “needle in a haystack” insights needed to advance an investigation. Leading law enforcement and national security organizations use our solutions to tackle many of the world’s most pressing public safety challenges, including human trafficking, internet crimes against children (ICAC), homicides, illicit narcotics, criminal gangs, terrorism, insider threats, and fraud. Each of our employees has the chance to help make the world a safer place while also growing and developing their skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We are looking for an individual who has Technical Support and DevOps experience to support primarily internal team members to develop, deploy, and support production systems & solutions.
· Provide above-and-beyond technical service to internal customers, assisting with all technical and product-related queries via email, phone and ticketing system.
· Work collaboratively in cross functional teams including Development, Field Operations, Sales, and Product.
· Work on operational & infrastructure projects to support both customer and internal teams.
· Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
· Provide system and network maintenance.
· Use support tools for data collection and case tracking.
· Demonstrate independent ability to troubleshoot & resolve complex technical issues, including escalations to, and coordination with, Development.
· Lead ad-hoc projects to improve level of service and increase productivity and efficiency of teams and systems.
· Document and share knowledge by creating write-ups and self-help guides.
· 5+ years of experience in DevOps and internal support role.
· Ability to work in a 24x7 support environment during normal business hours as well as on-call availability during prescheduled weekends and evenings.
· Experience supporting complex onsite, cloud, and remotely deployed solutions.
· Linux administration experience including installation, networking, and security.
· Proficiency managing applications including installations, utilities, and configurations. Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible.
· Responsible communication ethic, work well under pressure, draft case documentation.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, self-manage & strong service orientation.
· Monitoring tools and logging infrastructure (E.g., Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite).
· Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, REST API.
· Experience in AWS, Azure, and other cloud platforms.
· Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes technologies.
· Understanding of provisioning and configuration tools, such as Terraform and Ansible.
· Skilled in networking protocols and technologies (E.g., Switches, Routers, Firewalls, proxies).
· Virtualization & Hyper-convergence knowledge (VMware & vSAN).
· Programming / scripting skills (E.g., bash, python, perl).